Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hunting with the Family.

This past weekend was a great time for me as a husband, father and outdoorsman.  It was a 3 day weekend for my family so I had a chance to spend some time outdoors.  I had a great time on Saturday taking my daughter to one of her classmates birthday party and hanging around the house.  On Sunday I had a chance to go hog hunting on the Mobile Tensaw Delta.  We found some great new places to hunt and found more deer sign than ever for the river swamp. 
 
 
It was a perfect day for river hunting.  Above is a picture of an Osprey Nest,  I'm guessing we saw 20 or more of these sea eagle dwellings along the banks of the river.  Several hunters had a good day and will soon be enjoying fresh pork.
 
 
On Monday evening I went hunting with Jennie and Emily behind our home on family property.  Jennie took her first deer and now she's hooked on hunting. 
 
Shelby, Jennie and Emily.
 
Emily in the shooting house.
 
Jennie with her deer.  She's come along way from growing up in New York to pulling the trigger on a deer in Stapleton. 
 
Our Boykin Spaniel puppy is getting bigger now and loves to play.  We bought him a big box of toys from Sam's Club and Jennie has had to sew them up already. He likes to see what's inside the toys and what makes them squeek.

Roscoe 18 weeks old.
 
Questions or Comments:
Shelby Byrd
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment