Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 a good year.

As we start this new year I think back to last year and some good memories come to mind.  The Kentucky hunting trip went great this year.  My brother Leo and his son Chase made the trip and had a great time.  Both saw several bucks and passed on a few that they will remember for a long time.  Joe, as usual started the week off with a nice 10 pt. on Sunday morning.  I had my first hunts using video equipment. Videoing hunts is something I look forward to doing more of in the future.  I still need a little more gear to make it an easier endeavor.  Next year I may have to wear two backpacks to get all the stuff to the tree stand.   But I really enjoyed having the videos to share with friends and family.   I hunted with Fatal Approach Game Calls and have to say they are worth the money.  I took what most consider a cull buck but he was a trophy to me and hopefully I will have the skull mount to display in the barn next year.  I was able to enjoy the company of my wonderful daughter Emily on her first deer dog hunting trip.  She loved the dogs as much as the hunting.
Emily with a hunting puppy in Excel Alabama.

 Joe with a 2014 Kentucky 10Pt.

 My 2014 Kentucky Deer.

Shelby Byrd Kentucky Buck.

Emily being a typical little girl.
(Climbing a Tree)


Shelby Byrd
email
alakingfish@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment